Real Estate Development Lawyers
As real estate development is guided and regulated through a growing labyrinth of local, state, and federal laws, having an experienced team of attorneys at your side can keep a project on point with legal requirements and on schedule. Goosmann Rose Colvard & Cramer, P.A. recognizes that development delays and issues that cause progress stoppages ultimately affect the bottom line. Contact us today to begin working with our skilled property development lawyers.
Real Estate Development Services
Because real estate development law is always evolving, you want the dedicated and up-to-date team of attorneys with Goosmann Rose Colvard & Cramer, P.A. to assist with your next development project.
As this vehicle for real estate development grows, our attorneys will continue to assist with all facets of joint ventures and/or other development entities and organizations. We have a thorough understanding of the local, state, and federal tax laws that affect these entities and provide guidance and work closely with your accountants and/or in-house counsel, as applicable, to mitigate risk to the parties involved.
The state of North Carolina requires an attorney to handle due diligence duties related to the property title, including the title opinion following an extensive analysis. Our attorneys are well-versed in a breadth of commercial titles and have overseen small and large commercial and residential real estate transactions.
Our law firm has a long history assisting industrial, office, and retail landlords and tenants in matters of commercial real estate development. From drafting an initial lease agreement to reviewing a proposed renewal, we make sure our client’s best interest is put and kept at the forefront.
Role Of A Real Estate Development Attorney
Any type of property development involves numerous interested parties and players and their varying roles, desires, and needs. Having an attorney who can help coordinate among and keep clear requirements of the various parties while finding appropriate and time- and cost-effective options and solutions to any legal hurdles that may arise is crucial. A real estate development attorney explores solutions, addresses concerns and builds and maintains relationships throughout the development process.
How Can A Commercial And/Or Residential Property Development Lawyer Help Me?
No matter the development lifecycle stage, the property development lawyers with Goosmann Rose Colvard & Cramer, P.A. can help clarify and streamline your project. Our team collaborates and utilizes years of professional experience and skill to help every client navigate all matters of real estate development. Common examples include:
- Completing all due diligence to assure a smooth transfer of ownership;
- Assisting with 1031 Deferred and/or Like-Kind Exchanges;
- Helping coordinate and close commercial, construction or other development financing for the project;
- Advising and drafting documents to create the preferred organizational structure of all developing and/or financing entities;
- Drafting development creation documents in compliance with statutory and development requirements together with any necessary custom construction and/or sale contracts;
- Structuring property acquisitions, including for land and/or existing buildings; and
- Drafting documents for and coordinating with necessary parties for any private or public easements or agreements needed for utilities or infrastructure requirements for the development.
A lawyer with Goosmann Rose Colvard & Cramer, P.A. is able to scale their efforts to reflect the needs of your commercial and/or residential development. With a holistic but proactive approach, all phases of the project will be optimized throughout each lifecycle. Contact our law firm today.